Sensory based daily routine
Our therapists have experience in understanding and assessing sensory processing disorder and integration issues within the daily routine. While standardised assessments are not necessarily appropriate, a variety of sensory assessments are used to assist with informing our practise. These include:
- Winnie Dunn's Model of sensory processing
- Sensory screener
- Sensory integration -revised
Following sensory based assessments, we can use the information to provide:
- Individualised sensory based routine programmes to assist in transitioning into new accommodation or day programmes.
- Diversify and expand community access and leisure options.
- Sensory activities and strategies or items can also recommended to promote engagement within the day programme, home or community.